The following terms and conditions form a Parking Agreement between Robbins Parking Service Ltd. (“Robbins”) and the parker (“Customer”). By registering vehicle licence plate(s), receiving a physical permit or access card, and/or parking on a Robbins’ managed parking lot, the Customer agrees to the following terms and conditions.
- Parking charges and any applicable taxes are due in advance on the 1st day of each month. Interest is charged on overdue accounts at the rate of 2% per month compounded monthly, (26.8% per annum).
- Dishonored cheques and/or declined credit cards will be charged a $20.00 NSF fee.
- Parking rates are subject to change by Robbins upon one calendar month’s notice to the Customer.
- Robbins may terminate the monthly parking agreement upon one calendar month’s notice. If the customer is in breach of the Parking Agreement, Robbins may suspend parking privileges, terminate the Parking Agreement without notice, and/or immobilize or tow the vehicle, at the customer’s expense. In the event of misuse of a permit or access card, Robbins reserves the right to charge the Customer the daily parking rate in addition to the monthly charges.
- A Customer may terminate the Parking Agreement upon one calendar month’s WRITTEN notice (i.e. notice given on November 10 would be effective December 31, at earliest).
- A parking stall is NOT guaranteed. If the customer’s assigned lot/stall is full, on a temporary basis, the Customer may relocate to another Robbins location, if available. If another Robbins location is not available, Robbins reserves the right to refuse parking. A Customer MUST phone the Robbins office to advise they have parked in an alternate location. If Robbins is not contacted the Customer’s permit may be considered invalid and result in a Payment Notice being issued.
- Parking of unlicensed or uninsured vehicles, storage of vehicles, or repair or maintenance of vehicles is prohibited. Parking of vehicles that (in the opinion of Robbins) poses any kind of hazard is prohibited.
- The Customer is required to register, and keep updated, their vehicle licence plate(s) on the Robbins Self-Service Portal (https://robbinsparking.t2hosted.ca). A maximum of three licence plates may be registered. Physical permits may be required to indicate eligible vehicles on selected parking facilities. Failure to register licence plates or display a permit (where required) may result in a Payment Notice being issued and/or the vehicle being immobilized or towed.
- Permits and access cards, if applicable, are the property of Robbins. Any attempt to copy or reproduce in any way may result in immediate tow at owner’s expense and termination of parking privileges, without notice.
- If a permit or access card is lost or stolen, any applicable deposit is forfeited and the card will be replaced upon payment of a new deposit. Damaged permit or access cards must be replaced as soon as possible, free of charge, provided an initial deposit was paid.
- Permit/access cards are only valid for the parking facility for which they are designated. Further, if the same permit number is found on more than one vehicle at a time, or if a permit/access card is used to admit more than one vehicle at a time into the parking facility, the card will be deemed invalid and may result in a Payment Notice being issued and/or the vehicle being immobilized or towed.
- Where required, failure to clearly display the permit will result in a Payment Notice being issued.
- Parking fees are for the licensed use of parking space only. Robbins is not responsible for any loss or damage to the vehicle or its contents.
- A customer may not assign or transfer the Parking Agreement, unless agreed to by Robbins.
- Any additional terms and conditions (except those relating to parking rates) displayed on signage at the parking facility must be observed. Vehicles must not be parked in such a way as to block traffic lanes.
- All information provided to Robbins is used for the purpose of maintaining the Customers’ parking account. Customer personal information is protected and is not sold or shared. The exception to this, is if a Customer’s account becomes overdue and our attempts to collect fail. The Customer’s file would then be forwarded to an outside collections agency to recover unpaid charges.
- These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time by Robbins, without notice.